Blog by: Chelsea Daft
It’s important that we now move onto the next game and forget last night’s result and performance. I would like to go against the theme of today (on some websites) and think of positives as we prepare ourselves for the local derby against Fulham on Saturday evening.
It seems that the general consensus of opinion this morning is that Jose doesn’t know what his strongest eleven is at the moment. So I am asking you people reading this to give me your own opinions. In doing so, I also want you to confirm the formation you would have those selected players in.
– For the most part, we have seen Branislav Ivanovic and Ashley Cole start in the full back positions. Would you drop either one of those?
– What about Cesar Azpilicueta and Ryan Bertrand?
– Who do you feel as part of our strongest eleven, deserves a start?
– For me, this is a key area and if your own opinion is to stick with the 4-2-3-1 formation, what two players would you play there? Would they both have to be defensive minded or would you carry on with one defensive and one more attack minded?
– If you select a 4-3-3 formation, who would be your main defensive midfielder playing in the middle, deeper than any of the others protecting the back four?
– What about Michael Essien? For me, one of the outstanding performers in pre season, he hasn’t had a single look in so far this season. Would you bring him in?
– What about Mikel? People moan and complain about him but he is the best defensive minded midfielder we have!
– What about David Luiz? Would you continue with Rafa’s policy of playing him further forward?
– Now this is another key area. Based on our current 4-2-3-1 system, who do you think our the best three and in what positions? If you changed to a 4-3-3 formation, these would be the two central midfielders playing either side of the defensive midfielder. Think back to Jose’s team of 2004, we had Lampard and Tiago either side of Makalele.
– Would you deploy Oscar in one of those positions playing through the middle, box to box?
– Would Ramires be a nailed on starter in that position?
– Marco Van Ginkel impress for Vitesse playing as a box to box attacking midfielder. Would you start him there?
– Would Kevin De Bruyne be one of those players in the 4-2-3-1 formation? Would you select him on the opposite wing to Hazard?
– What about Juan Mata. Based on performances, would he start in the number ten role ahead of Oscar? If he doesn’t, where would you play him?
– Once again, based on the 4-2-3-1 formation, who would start up top in your eleven? Would Demba Ba be considered or has it now turned into a straight fight between Eto’o and Torres?
– In the 4-3-3 formation, would Eto’o command a start ahead of Torres and Ba based on the fact you would be looking for your striker to link up with your attacking midfielders and wide men?
– What about out wide? Back in 2004, we had a forward line of Duff, Gudjohnsen and Robben. Who would be our forward line this time around playing the same way?
– Would Juan Mata be considered as one of those wide men, coming inside or would you rule him out?
There are plenty of things to consider here before you select your strongest eleven and formation! I guess the same problems Jose is facing this morning as he takes training at Cobham!
So come on Chelsea fans, come and post your opinions. I would love to hear from as many supporters from all over the world as possible! Come and post your opinion even if you have never done so before!
Answer me this one question:
What is Chelsea’s strongest eleven?
Carefree & KTBFFH!